This car was bought quite cheaply last year – driving but in a rather shabby state. Most desired to help complement the rather faint physic of the body I continue in above desirable travel privacy and convenience family travels. Especially since Gogo’s was rural with facilities not easily accessible. The car recently fell due for it’s annual license renewal. While we could quite conveniently afford this, we were unable to renew for it.
The car was bought from a car dealer who received it as a trade-in. And it turns out that the previous owner of the car then went to issue a sales notice. But they seemingly never received it under their company’s name – but thought they could just resell it as is. During our purchase of the car, I (unsuspecting of the issued sales notice) asked the seller if I could use the car while trying to get it for roadworthy test and they said there was no problem. My hope was to have it ready just before it should require license renewal. But due to an ill budget, this deadline could not be met. I then reckoned that I could just renew the car’s license under the previous owner for yet another year while trying to finish up with the roadworthy preparations.
But upon attempting to renew it, we were advised that it had a status of “Pending sales” and therefore blocked for license renewal. Our only option therefore at this stageis to get it ready for testing. Only then shall it’s title holder details be changeable and license renewable. We unfortunately do not have a budget for this with our current income, monthly obligations as well as our pending relocation. We have seriously considered selling it and then relocate to rented premises in town but again have recently found out that as per the national regulations, it is illegal to sell/trade with an ulincense car. This meaning that we are now compelled to service it and then take it for roadworthy test. The Lord bless any helping/considerate hand/heart.